Info Session: Nishimura Foundation
Kantor Urusan Internasional UGM mengundang civitas akademika Universitas Gadjah Mada yang berminat melakukan riset dengan bidang yang sesuai untuk menghadiri Info Session: Nishimura International Scholarship Fund yang akan membahas tentang kesempatan studi dengan riset termasuk penawaran beasiswa di Jepang khususnya di Osaka University.
Acara ini akan diselenggarakan pada:
Hari/tanggal : Selasa, 6 Agustus 2019
Pukul : 10.00 – 12.00 WIB
Tempat : Ruang MWA, Lt 2 Sayap Utara, Gedung Pusat Universitas Gadjah Mada
*Limited seats available.
Silahkan mendaftar di: ugm.id/nishimura
About the Scholarship
The Nishimura International Scholarship Foundation offers scholarships to international students from Southeast Asia, East Asia, and other regions to help them pursue their studies and research projects. The Nishimura International Scholarship Foundation was established by the late Ikuo Nishimura, who was committed to making a difference to the lives of young people from Southeast Asia and East Asia who are pro-Japanese and able to contribute to the development of their own countries. Mr. Nishimura wanted to provide them with opportunities to learn about Japanese people, way of life, culture, history, and culinary delights. If you wish to receive financial support from the Nishimura International Scholarship Foundation during your stay in Japan, please describe your thoughts about the following topics and state your achievements or experience in a brief personal statement and send it to us together with your application documents.
- Exchanges between your country and Japan;
- Your interest in Japanese people, way of life, culture, history, or culinary delights
- Your contributions to the development of your country and Japan, etc.
After you complete the program and return to your home country, we hope you will be able to consistently assist us in nurturing and developing young pro-Japanese people who can contribute to the development of their own countries. We would appreciate it if you could also describe in your personal statement your ambitions of helping young people as a member of academic staff based on your experience at Osaka University in Japan. The final selection of financial support recipients will be made by the Nishimura International Scholarship Foundation. The Foundation will consider each applicant on his/her own merits and not based on his/her personal statement.
To promote international academic exchanges, Graduate School and School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University hosts foreign university academic staff who wish to pursue research projects in Japan. They may be able to receive financial support from the Nishimura International Scholarship Foundation for their living expenses while engaging in research activities at Osaka University.
[To be eligible, you must:]
- be a member of the academic staff of one of the eligible universities (except professors);
- be enthusiastic about conducting research activities at Graduate School and School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University;
- comply with the research policy of Graduate School and School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University (Please refer to the attached details of the research themes of each laboratory.); and
- be less than 40 years of age (at the time of application).
[Research period and status]
- May 1 to August 31, 2020
(This period may be extended for up to two years at the time of application.)
(During this period, successful applicants will be able to receive support from the Nishimura International Scholarship Foundation.)
- Visiting Academic Staff
[Number of recipients]
- 4 recipients
[Documents to be submitted] (All documents must be written in English.)
- Your résumé (The designated form must be used. No other forms will be accepted.)
- A statement in which your preferred research laboratory and the reason for your preference are described
- A letter of recommendation (preferably from your university, faculty, or professor)
- A copy of your passport
- Your personal statement, which will be submitted to the Nishimura International Scholarship Foundation (if you wish to receive financial support from the Nishimura International Scholarship Foundation)
[How to apply]
Please send your application documents by email first and then send them by postal mail. Please make sure they will reach us by the application deadline specified below.
- Application deadline: November 30, 2019 (Japan time) (Please make sure your application documents will arrive at our administrative office by this date.)
- Postal address: Administrative Office, Graduate School and School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, 1-6 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, 565-0871, Japan
- Email address: email@example.com
* Please state [Nishimura] in the subject field.
[Accommodations during the research period]
- Kasugaoka House: Long-term accommodations for researchers etc.
Type A: 32 sqm, Furniture and fixtures: semi double bed, kitchen counter, cupboard, toaster, microwave, TV, etc.
- For inquiries about this program, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and
CC to email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For inquiries about the details of research projects carried out at research laboratories, please contact the relevant research laboratory.
Scholarship (1) to (4) below will be provided by the Nishimura International Scholarship Foundation.
(Please inform us if you do not require financial support from the Nishimura International Scholarship Foundation.)
- Subsistence allowance: ¥160,000 per month
- Subsistence allowance will be provided for the same period as the research period (up to two years).
- Research expenses: ¥100,000 per month
- Upon receipt, research expenses will be paid to Graduate School and School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University as research expenses to be used at Osaka University.
- Accommodation expenses: ¥90,000 per month
- Upon receipt, accommodation expenses will be paid to Osaka University Kasugaoka House for accommodation facilities charges.
- A round-trip air ticket between Indonesia and Japan will be provided.
- An e-ticket will be provided after travel arrangements have been made by the Nishimura International Scholarship Foundation.
- Subsistence allowance: ¥160,000 per month